Associate Professor Britta Bienen
1. Bienen B, Byrne, B, Houlsby GT, Cassidy MJ (2005). Investigating six degree-of-freedom loading of shallow foundations on sand. Géotechnique, 56, 6, 367-379.
2. Bienen B, Cassidy MJ (2006) Three-dimensional dynamic analysis of jack-up structures. Advances in Structural Engineering, 9, 1, 19-37.
3. Bienen B, Cassidy MJ (2006). Advances in the three-dimensional fluid-structure-soil interaction analysis of offshore jack-up structures. Marine Structures, 19, (2-3), 110-140.
4. Bienen B, Byrne B, Houlsby GT, Cassidy MJ (2007) Reply to discussion on “Investigating six degree of freedom loading of shallow foundations on sand” by D.V. Morris. Géotechnique, 57, 5, 483-484.
5. Bienen B, Gaudin C, Cassidy MJ (2007) Centrifuge tests of shallow footing behaviour on sand under combined vertical-torsional loading. International Journal of Physical Modelling in Geotechnics, 7, 2, 1-21.
6. Bienen B, Cassidy MJ, Gaudin C (2009) Physical modelling of the push-over capacity of a jack-up structure on sand in a geotechnical centrifuge. Canadian Geotechnical Journal, 46, 2, 190-207.
7. Bienen B, Cassidy MJ (2009) Three-dimensional numerical analysis of centrifuge experiments on a model jack-up drilling rig on sand. Canadian Geotechnical Journal, 46, 2, 208-224.
8. Bienen B, Gaudin C, Cassidy MJ (2009) The influence of pull-out load on the efficiency of jetting during spudcan extraction. Applied Ocean Research, 1, 3, 202-211.
9. Bienen B (2009) Predicting the load-displacement response of a mobile jack-up drilling rig on sand. Australian Geomechanics, 44, 4, 1-12.
10. Gaudin C, Cassidy MJ, Bienen B, Hossain MS (2011) A review of the recent contribution made by geotechnical centrifuge modelling to the understanding of jack-up spudcan behaviour. Ocean Engineering, 38, 900-914, doi:10.1016/j.oceaneng.2010.12.001.
11. Gaudin C, Bienen B, Cassidy MJ (2011) Investigation of the potential of bottom water jetting to ease spudcan extraction in soft clay. Géotechnique, 61, 12, 1043-1054, doi: 10.1680/geot.8.P.152.
12. Zhang Y, Bienen B, Cassidy MJ, Gourvenec S (2010). Numerical study on the undrained bearing capacity of a spudcan foundation under general loading in soft clay. Marine Structures, Vol. 24, pp. 459-477, doi:10.1016/j.marstruc.2011.06.002.
13. Bienen B, Dührkop J, Randolph MF, White DJ, Grabe, J (2012) The response of piles with wings to monotonic and cyclic lateral loading in sand. Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering (ASCE), doi:10.1061/(ASCE)GT.1943-5606.0000592.
14. Zhang Y, Bienen B, Cassidy MJ, Gourvenec S (2012) Undrained bearing capacity of deeply buried flat circular foundations under general loading. Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering (ASCE), doi:10.1061/(ASCE)GT.1943-5606.0000606.
15. Bienen B, Gaudin C, Cassidy MJ, Purwana OA, Krisdani H(2012) Numerical modelling of a hybrid skirted foundation under combined loading. Computers and Geotechnics, 45, 127-129.
16. Bienen B, Gaudin C, Cassidy MJ, Rausch L, Purwana OA (2012) Numerical Modelling of Undrained Capacity of Hybrid Skirted Foundation Under Combined Loading. International Journal of Offshore and Polar Engineering, 22, 3, 1–7.
17. Zhang Y, Cassidy MJ, Bienen B (2012) Elastic stiffness coefficients for an embedded spudcan in clay. Computers and Geotechnics, 42, 89-97.
18. Henke S, Bienen B (2013) Centrifuge tests investigating the influence of pile cross-section on pile driving resistance of open-ended piles. International Journal of Physical Modelling in Geotechnics, 13 (2), 50-62.
19. Puker T, Bienen B, Henke S (2013) CPT based prediction of foundation penetration in siliceous sand. Applied Ocean Research, 41, 9-18.
20. Zhang Y, Cassidy M, Bienen B (2013) Development of a combined VHM loading apparatus for a geotechnical drum centrifuge. International Journal of Physical Modelling in Geotechnics, 13 (1), 13-30.