Dr. Xianfeng Liu
Selected publications are available for download in PDF format below.
1. Jiang G, Liu XF, Zhang J, Zhao R (2007). Shaking table test of composite foundation reinforcement of saturated silty soil for high speed railway. Frontiers of Architecture and Civil Engineering in China, 1(3): 353-360.
2. Liu XF, Collin F, Buzzi O, Sloan SW (2010). Numerical modelling of ground temperature evolution as a result of underground coal fire. Australian Geomechanics Journal.
3. Liu XF, Hammad T, Saiyouri N, Hattab M (2012). Physical chemical analysis of marine sediment cementation from the Gulf of Guinea. Comptes Rendus Geoscience, 344(9), 461–470. .
4. Buzzi O, Sieffert Y, Mendes J, Liu X, Giacomini A, Seedsman R, General Properties (2013). Strength of an Australian Coal Under Low Confinement. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering. .
5. De Carteret, R, Buzzi O, Fityus S, Liu X (2013). Effect of naturally occurring salts on tensile and shear strength of sealed granular road pavements. Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, 1–13. .
6. Liu X, Buzzi O (2014). Use of hand-spray plaster as a coating for soil bulk volume measurement. Geotechnical Testing Journal, 37(3), 20130091. .
7. Zhang C, Jiang G, Liu X, Wang Z (2014). Deformation performance of cement-fly ash-gravel pile-supported embankments over silty clay of medium compressibility: A Case Study. Arabian Journal of Geosciences. .
Papers Published in Chinese Peer-Reviewed Journals
1. Jiang GL, Liu XF, Zhang JW, Zhao RY (2006). Shaking table test of composite foundation reinforcement of saturated silty soil ground for high speed railway. Journal of Southwest Jiaotong University, 41(2), 190-196 (in chinese).
2. Li H, Jiang GL, Liu XF (2006). Study on dynamic characteristics of the saturated silty soil ground of high speed railway treated by cement fly-ash gravel (CFG) composite foundation. Rock and Soil Mechanics, accepted (in chinese).
3. Liu XF, Jiang GL, Zhang JW (2006). Shaking table test of saturated silty soil ground treated by CFG pile. Subgrade Engineering. No.6 (in chinese).
4. Zhao RY, Jiang GL, Liu XF, Zhang JW (2006). Shaking table test of the liquefiable ground reinforced by tube sinking compacted gravel piles composite foundation. Journal of Railway Science and Engineering. Vol.3, No.3,41-46 (in chinese).
5. Zhang JW, Jiang GL, Liu XF (2006). Shaking table test of liquefaction behavior of saturated silty soil ground. Subgrade Engineering. Vol.128, No.5,84-86 (in chinese).
6. Liu XF, Jiang GL, Li H, Gu X (2007) Study of aseismatic design method of saturated soft ground for Beijing-Shanghai High Speed Railway. Journal of railway engineering society. 12, special,68-72 (in chinese).
7. Jiang GL, Zhao RY, Liu XF (2007). Study on liquefaction characteristics of the saturated silty soil ground treated by compacted gravel column-net composite foundation for Beijing-Shanghai High Speed Railway. Journal of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Engineering. Vol.27, suppl,71-75 (in chinese).
8. Yan D, Jiang GL, Liu XF (2008). Experimental study on liquefaction behavior of saturated silty soil for Beijing-Shanghai High Speed Railway. Rock and Soil Mechanics, 30(12, 3337-3341 (in chinese).
Papers in Peer Reviewed Conference Proceedings
1. Saiyouri N, Liu XF, Khalil T, Muresan B Hicher PY (2009). Reactive transport in granular media: modeling the erosion and filtration. Proceedings of International Symposium on Computational Geomechanics.
2. Liu XF, Saiyouri N, Hicher PY (2009). Transfert de solution de métaux lourds dans les sols saturés. Proceedings of AUGC, France.
3. Liu XF, Saiyouri N, Hicher PY (2010). Heavy metal transport in satured clays: experimental study and numerical simulation. The third edition of the Euro Mediterranean Symposium On Advances in Geomaterial and Structures AGS.
4. Liu XF, Saiyouri N, Hicher PY (2010). Influence of heavy metal contaminants on the compressibility of clays. Proceedings of the Geoshanghai Conference, Shanghai.
5. Liu XF, Saiyouri N, Hicher PY (2011). Une approche microstructurale sur le transfert du Plomb dans une bentonite consolidée and saturée. Proceedings of AUGC, TLEMCEN, Algérie.
6. Liu XF, Saiyouri N, HIcher PY (2011). Microstructure and volume change behaviour of expansive clay due to the presence of heavy metal ions in pore water, Third International Conference on Porous Media and the Annual Meeting (Interpore), Bordeaux, March 29-31.
7. Liu XF, Saiyour N, Hicher PY (2011). Heavy metal transport in saturated clays- a microstrucral approach, Engineering Mechanics Conference (EMI 2011), Boston, MA.
8. Liu XF, Buzzi O (2012). Experimental Characterization of Shrinkage Behaviour of Australian Expansive Soils. Proceedings of E-UNSAT2012: 2nd European conference on unsaturated soils, Naples, Italy, 20-22 June 2012, Vol 1, 333-338.
9. Liu XF, Collin F, Buzzi O, Sloan SW (2012). Numerical modelling of ground temperature evolution as a result of underground coal fire. Proceedings of ANZ conference.
10. Liu XF, Buzzi OP, Vaunat (2014). Influence of stress-volume path on swelling behavior of an expansive clay. Unsaturated Soils Res. Appl., CRC Press, 931–7.
11. Yang C, Yang C, Liu X (2014). An improved modeling of hydro-mechanical behavior of unsaturated compacted soils. Unsaturated Soils Res.